What Alconox brand cleaners are recommended for Clean-In-Place (CIP) systems? What information does Alconox offer to assist in validating CIP cleaners?
It is desirable to use a low foaming cleaner that rinses freely in a CIP system. Selecting the appropriate CIP cleaner will be determined by the type of soil being removed as well as the hard surface being cleaned. Alconox, Inc manufacturers' several low foaming liquid cleaners that work well in CIP, including Solujet, an alkaline cleaner, and Citrajet, an acidic cleaner. An alkaline cleaner best removes oils, fats, grease and an acidic cleaner works best to remove insoluble hydroxides and metal oxides. Both Solujet and Citrajet are suitable to use on stainless steel manufacturing surfaces.
- Technical Bulletins and MSDS for each are downloadable from www.alconox.com
- Solujet Technical Bulletin: http://www.alconox.com/downloads/pdf/techbull_solujet.pdf
- Solujet MSDS: http://www.alconox.com/static/msds/msds_solujet.asp
- Citrajet Technical Bulletin: http://www.alconox.com/downloads/pdf/techbull_citrajet.pdf
- Citrajet MSDS: http://www.alconox.com/static/msds/msds_citrajet.asp
Alconox, Inc provides assistance to validate cleaners for CIP systems. Information on residue detection methods for Solujet and Citrajet can be found at http://www.alconox.com/static/section_top/gen_cleanval.asp.