What are the questions to consider when selecting a detergent?
Today's aqueous critical-cleaning detergents are blended for specific applications-substrate, degree of soil load, and cleaning process-these, are all important considerations when selecting a detergent. Here are a few questions to ask about a detergent brand to ensure that it meets your specific cleaning needs:
- Does it have good detergency on the types of soils that you need to remove?
- Is it free-rinsing? Will it rinse away without leaving interfering detergent residue?
- Is the detergent recommended for the desired cleaning method?
- How hazardous is it?
- Can it be disposed of easily?
- Is it environmentally friendly?
- How economical is it?